Saturday, May 12, 2012
On Friday, President Obama went to Reno, Nevada and discussed items on the To-Do-List for the Congress. He specifically touched on the notion of step #2. Specifically, it is a list of items that will help create jobs and hep restore middle class security.
The To-Do List is simple:
- Reward companies who bring jobs back to the U.S. with lower taxes and pay for it by eliminating tax incentives for companies to ship jobs overseas.
- Cut red tape so hardworking, responsible homeowners who are paying their mortgage can refinance at today’s lower rates.
- Help hardworking small business owners create jobs by giving them a tax credit for new hires.
- Invest in American clean energy manufacturers who create American jobs through innovation of new technologies and new fuels that reduce our reliance on foreign oil and lead to more secure energy sources.
- Ensure our commitment to our veterans is as strong as they are by creating a Veterans Job Corps that helps hire veterans as cops, firefighters, and serving their communities.