Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Why did Mitt Romney loose?
The overwhelming question concerning the man was "Can we trust him?"
1) He says that he opposed the President's stimulus, "No time, Nowhere, No How", after he was quoted for saying "I think there is need for economic stimulus".
He flipped so many times on the issues, that people doubted his character.
Here is more proof...
2) Has he flip-flopped on abortion? First he says he will choose to respect the right for the woman to choose..(Pro Choice) But then he says, "the right next step in the fight to preserve the sanctity of life is to see 'Roe vs. Wade' be overturned.(Anti-Choice).
First, he is pro-choice, then he is pro-life.
3) He showed his true colors when he mentioned that he was against Reagan, when is says that he was an "independent during the time of Reagan-Bush. I'm not trying to return to Reagan-Bush" (Against Ronald Reagan). But then he says "that the principles that Ronald Reagan espoused are as true today as they were when he spoke them" (For Ronald Reagan).
3) "In 1985 I helped found a company. I learned how America competes with companies from other countries". But then what does he does with Bain Capital? He shut down companies, liquidating their assets and firing their American workers. He says that "I think you'll find that I've been as consistent as human beings can be" and then he says "if you are looking for someone who has never changed on any positions on any policies, I'm not your guy."
4) Then his fellow Republican and fellow candidate Rick Perry was quoted " I think Americans just don't know sometimes which Mitt Romney they're dealing with.
5) Was he very likable On the front cover of a Time Magazine sported Mitt Romney's picture with the headline posed in a question, "WHY DON"T THEY LIKE ME? He spent little or no time doing interviews on the TV, whereas the other candidates worked the Sunday news shows circuit like a real politician. He often bypassed reporters on the rope lines refusing to answer questions, making people to wonder what he was hiding. When he actually had a personal television interview, it was disastrous.
6) He received million dollar donations and the (fake) companies just suddenly ceased to exist. He wanted people just to donate money or make people believe that they were actually donating money while he just stayed in the shadows. In all actually, the chuck of his funds came from his buddies on Wall Street. He said " To get that kind of money, you have to cozy up as an incumbent to all of the special interest groups who can go out and raise money for you from their members." "That kind of relationship has an influence on the way that you are going to vote." But then in another breathe, he says "I'm not going to spend my time going after Ben Bernakie. I'm not going to take my effort and focus on the Federal Reserve." Then he says that Ben Bernakie is doing a great job and he thinks it's important to have the Fed as an independent agency. He said that he doesn't want to have the Congress of the United States try to pull strings at the Fed.
7) In a statement made on the Fox News Channel, the narrator said that "personality wise he comes across as if he was designed by German scientists to be an 'android' politician.
8) Donations from Mitt Romney lobbyists were more than all of the other Republican candidates combined, he alone at 51.6%, Tim Pawlenty coming in second at 23.7%, then Jon Huntsman at 11.8%, Newt Gingrich at 9.6% and then Rick Santorum with the least number of lobbyists.
9) Then there was health care. He said that what he did in Massachusetts that he put together an exchange, and he was glad to see the President copying it. But then he said "Obamacare is bad news, and if I'm President of the United States, I will repeal it." He was for it when he was governor, but since President Obama wants the same coverage for all Americans, he is now against it.
10) Then there was the issue on immigration. He said that "I don't think that I hired an illegal in my life" but then 2 minutes and 14 seconds later in a debate with Perry, he says " We hired a lawn company to come and mow our lawn. They had illegal immigrants that were working for them." Is that a stroke of genius on Mitt Romney's part or what?!?!?!?!!!!??????
11) On the subject of climate change, he said "I believe the world is getting warmer. I believe that humans contribute to that." Then later he says, "My view is that we don't know what is causing climate change on this planet."
He seems to change positions on the issues because of political expedience. He changed his positions regarding unions.
12) He says that he would be proud to sign a 'no new taxes' pledge, but then he says that "I'm proud to be the only Republican candidate for President to sign the tax pledge." So first he said that he wouldn't, but then he actually did.
13) As Governor of Massachusetts, he signed into law a bill extending the ban for assault weapons, but then he said " I do not support any new legislation of weapon band nature." How can he so blatantly flip-flop on the issue of assault weapons, but he did.
Even the late night TV hosts can joke about Mitt Romney, saying that he's against the Mitt Romney of just 4 months ago.
14) He says that TARP was the right thing to do. So then guess what he says next. "TARP aught to be ended."
15) Mitt Romney tried to take credit for the auto industry, when he was prepared to let the auto industry die, as he put it "Let Detroit go bankrupt".
16) After all of what was just mentioned, then he says, "I think people understand that I'm a man of steadiness and consistency Oh my....
Actually, it's probably a good thing that now the Presidential campaign is over, as now we no longer need to listen to a thing he has to say, and whether he now flip-flops more on the issues, it really doesn't matter. I can go out on a limb here with certainty that he will never again run for President. Will the Republican party learn from such a candidate of Mitt Romney, or will they be ready to do it all over again. Will their principles change, from being so leftist so that they can pull votes from the Democrats the next time. Why, because if they do not figure out a way to do it, they will just loose again in 2016.